La dolce vita, one hour from Rome
Fiuggi celebrated the 100th anniversary of its new name in 2011. Until 1911 the town was called Anticoli di Campagna. The village is a full of narrow streets and small squares where the social life would take place in the town. Now it’s covered in beautiful murals. Together the Fonte Bonifacio VIII and the Fonte Anticolana form one of the largest parks in Italy. The valuable work of the architect Moretti is quite notable. He remodelled the Fonte Bonifacio in the 1960s. Even Michelangelo and Pope Boniface VIII in the past would drink the Fiuggi water, which has always been famous for the treatment of kidney stones. In the Spa town, there is no shortage of forest trails for walking or biking, hotels with spas, and trendy little restaurants.